So was I too prideful when I felt I ran well enough to deserve ice?
Did I act in a haughty manner when I wanted to go a different way?
Was I too sure of my own footing, my steady pace taken in vain?
I do not and may never know. But I am healing from my trip. It's two scraped knees and a palm barely interrupted. That's all, but yet it's more. I don't fall.
Alright, so I do fall, for the sake of people that were with me. But as I've said, I don't fall easily. I fell into my first relationship hard- I trusted the guy with everything. I wanted to be with him forever and I was crushed when it failed. I have to live with those inner broken parts of me that will never heal completely. Generally, I keep them tightly caged because they have more to do with circumstances than just that situation. My heart has a different beat for that part of my life; sometimes I still feel the rhythms.
But even then, falling around people was no option. To falter was to show weakness, and at 5', not much more needs to show through. I am vulnerable and few people know how to reach that. Until I face plant into the ground. Then I am at my weakest in my eyes.
I am blessed, however. My weaknesses can bring my Savior glory. He can show through in the times I fail. But then again, my failures are a serious issue to Him. Am I failing to live up to ONLY His standards for me? (sometimes) Am I forgetting to put His PEOPLE'S well-being before my own? Am I neglecting time spent with Him? What weaknesses should I really care about?
So I was obviously humbled by my running trip (haha). But now I wonder, should falling scare me so much? Apparently, I'm not used to falling on my knees. Time for a refresher course in basic worship, eh? I think so.
No comments:
Post a Comment